A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any web page. Its usefulness is that the web is able to remember your visit when you return to browse that page. Cookies usually store information of a technical nature, personal preferences, content customization, usage statistics, links to social networks, access to user accounts, etc. The purpose of the cookie is to adapt the content of the web to your profile and needs, without them the services offered by any page would be significantly reduced. If you wish to consult more information about what cookies are, what they store, how to delete them, disabled them, etc., please go to this link.
Cookies used on this website
This website uses its own cookies:
- Session cookies, to ensure that users who write comments on the blog are human and not automated applications. This is how you fight spam.
This website uses third parties cookies:
- Google Analytics: It stores cookies to be able to compile statistics about the traffic and the volume of visits to this website. By using this website you are consenting to the processing of information about you by Google. Therefore, the exercise of any right related to Google Analytics must be done by communicating directly with Google.
- Social networks: All social network uses its own cookies so you can click on buttons as Like and Share.
Deactivation or elimination of cookies
You have the right to deactivate or eliminate cookies from this website at any time. These actions are performed differently depending of the browser you are using. Here is a quick guide to the most popular browsers.
- Web browsers are the tools in charge of storing cookies and from this place you must exercise your right to delete or deactivate them. Neither this website nor its legal representatives can guarantee the correct or incorrect handling of cookies by the aforementioned browsers.
- In some cases it is necessary to install cookies so that the browser does not forget your decision of not accepting them.
- In the case of Google Analytics cookies, this company stores cookies on servers located in the United States and assumes not to share them with third parties, except in cases where it is necessary for the operation of the system or when the law requires it. According to Google, it does not store your IP address. Google Inc. is a company adhered to the Safe Harbor Agreement that guarantees that all transferred data will be treated with a level of protection in accordance with European regulations. You can consult detailed information in this regard at this link. If you want information about the use that Google gives to cookies, we attach this other link.
Professor Dr. Aitor Aritzeta
University of Basque Country/Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea/Universidad del País Vasco (EHU/UPV).
Faculty of Psychology.
Basic Psychological Processes and Development.
Tolosa Avenue, 70, 20018 Donostia-San Sebastián, Gipuzkoa.